Deer Class: Year 5 & 6
A warm welcome to Deer Class.
w/c 21st September
This week in Deer class we will be:-
- We will be planning and writing our own story linked to the book - The Nowhere Emporium. I will be looking for children to apply the literary devices that we have been learning.
- We will also continue to read and study the book Carrie's War during our guided reading sessions.
- In our spelling sessions we will be investigating spelling with the 'tious' and 'ious' suffix. The spellings were sent out on Friday last week and the children will be tested on them on Thursday or Friday this week.
- We will be looking at addition and subtraction of 4 digit numbers where regrouping is required.
- This week, we will also be starting our times tables challenge. All children will start back at the beginning and progress through each multiplication table until they are confident on all multiplication facts up to 12x12. The times tables challenges include fractions, division and other facts linked to that table. This approach will allow each child to progress at their own level and identify where support may be needed.
- This week, your child will be set an Arithmetic homework sheet. This will be handed out on Friday and must be completed by the following Thursday.
Thank you all for your tin donations. We have a successful morning on Friday making our pencil pots.