Home Page
Learning together with faith, hope and love

Severe Weather

Thank you all for your patience and support today. Closing the school is an extremely difficult decision and one that I do not take lightly. Alongside considering the safety of the children and their families travelling to and from school, I also have to consider whether staff (many of whom live in areas more severely affected by the snow than Cambridge and Haverhill) will be able to arrive safely and by 9am. 


Today, we had several staff members that were unable to make the journey into school. Supply staff were not available, so we had to close. I was also aware that the weather conditions were likely to worsen as the day progressed - a decision had to be made quickly. 

At the moment, I am receiving regular updates from the staff regarding the weather situation in their area. Although a final decision will be made by 8am tomorrow, please be aware that there is a strong possibility we will need to close again, unless the situation improves significantly over night. 


I deeply regret the inconvenience this may cause our families and I will update everyone as soon as I know more. Thank you.

  • Castle Camps CofE (VC)
  • Primary School,
  • Church Lane,
  • Castle Camps,
  • Cambridgeshire,
  • CB21 4TH
  • Telephone :
  • 01799 584270